When looking for potential assisted living homes for your senior loved one, the first thing you need to know is they come in many shapes and sizes. That’s why it is important to know how to determine which one will be the right home for your senior loved one.
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when evaluating a personal care home of Stone Mountain Georgia
- Ask the management if you can see their state evaluation survey results and license verification.
- Check the safety features installed around the facility and ensure that they work properly. This can include grab bars in the bathroom, well-lit hallways and emergency exits, and working call buttons.
- Observe how the staff interact with the residents and vice versa. You should also pay attention to how residents interact with each other.
- Ask for a copy of their dietary or meal menu. Be sure to also ask if they cater to seniors with special dietary needs.
- Ask about safety protocols, visiting hours, daily activities, and other do’s and don’ts.
At Rising Star Personal Care Home, we offer a wide array of services and medication assistance in Georgia that your elderly loved one can take advantage of while living in our personal care home. We also have a wide selection of activities designed to help our residents stay active and socially engaged.